Are you looking for more than just a “Hustle” after high school?
A career opportunity awaits you at Kuert Concrete.
If you have interest in pursuing a career in the construction industry or as a CDL professional, what better way to start than by learning about delivering the world’s most widely used building material – concrete! Being a ready-mix concrete driver is much more than just driving – it requires equipment operation, customer service and people skills, and learning how to safely drive and operate a commercial vehicle on and off road.
Kuert Concrete Inc. has been family owned and locally operated since 1927. This CDL driving position is part of the Teamsters Local Union 364. Starting Pay is a competitive $32/hour and includes many benefits including overtime, medical insurance, 401K, vacation time, and paid holidays. Come and start your career with the Kuert Concrete family!
Job Responsibilities Include:
– Operating truck in accordance with Federal, State, and company regulations.
– Keeping assigned truck clean, free of concrete build up and performing basic vehicle maintenance.
– Ensuring truck is safe to operate and perform all required pre and post-trip inspections.
– Communicating effectively with dispatch and plant management.
Ready-Mix Concrete Drivers are assigned one load at a time and are required to safely deliver and unload the concrete to the customer, clean residual concrete from the truck and concrete chutes according to regulations governing concrete wash water and return to the concrete plant to be loaded again. New hires are enrolled in 2–4-week driver training program where they will be paired with a senior ready-mix driver.
– Class A or Class B CDL (Commercial Drivers License) with air brake endorsement.
– High School diploma or equivalent with the ability to read and write legibly and perform basic math.
– Ability to lift 75 pounds.
– Ability to routinely lift, climb, and bend.
– Have and maintain a good MVR history.
– Possess a customer-first attitude.
– Comply with DOT-regulated drug and alcohol policies.
Apply in person at Kuert Concrete or contact Jim Sellers at 574-232-9911. The application packet can also be filled out and mailed to Jim Sellers at 3402 Lincolnway W., South Bend, IN 46628 or photographed/scanned and emailed to Jim@kuert.com.